10 Mar 2018

Size of the U.S.S. Kelvin - Kelvin Timeline

The alternate Timeline USS Kelvin NCC-0514 was a 23rd century Federation starship, under the command of Captain Richard Rabau.

  • The premise for all my deck calculations: a deck is 2,5m + 0,5m for EPS cables, power cables, ... = 3m height for a deck. 
  • My calculations follow a purely mathematical approach. I do not compare bridge modules or disk heights with each other. I always pull in decks based on the rows of windows and then calculate a physically plausible room height.

As size reference I used screencaptures of the USS Kelvin from Star Trek (2009). The bridge set of the USS Kelvin was also used for the Kobayashi Maru test.

The height of the 30 decks gives a length of 354m for the USS Kelvin.

Ortho by F. Passaro
The bridge has several small steps / podiums.
screencapture by trekcore.com
This length also works well with the size of the Shuttle Bay.

screencapture by trekcore.com