To find the right brush is not so easy, as there are a lot of choice. Important in the choice is always the color! If you have already had good experiences with the airbrush color of a manufacturer, it is also worth to try the model paint for brushing.
- acrylic baseed (brushes can be cleaned in water and can be diluted with a little bit water)
- thin viscosity (very important for small scales - to don't cover any details)
- high brilliance and light fastness
- can be sealed and protected with paintable and airbrush varnish
- it is better to prime before paint the models (requires a pretreatment)
I've also used enamel paints.
- very high brilliance and light fastness
- can (only) be sealed and protected with paintable varnish
- thick viscosity (clogged details at small scales)
- requires strong smelling cleaner for brushes